Nepal At a Glance
Geography : Situated between China in the north and India in the south
Time Difference : Nepal is 5:45 hours ahead of GMT
Area : 147,181 Sq. KM
Population : 28 Million
Capital : Kathmandu (city population 500,000) (Kathmandu Valley 1 million)
People : More than 123 ethnic groups and 92 spoken languages
National Language : Nepali
Currency : Nepalese Rupees (Approximately US$ 1= RS. 109)
Religion : Vedic Sanatan Dharma (Hinduism, Buddhism, Muslim, Christian, Jain)
Climate : Winter (Dec.- Feb.), Summer (June - Aug)
Political System : Republic of Nepal
It is said "Nepal looks like a Silver Necklace from the Space". Obviously, Himalayan kingdom Nepal, sand-witched between China and India, is the land of eternal fascination. It is not only the land of Everest. It is not only the birthplace of Buddha and the abode of gods but also the land of brave Gurkha soldiers and the playground of mystical snowman 'Yeti'. Moreover, it is the land of culture, nature and adventure.
The elevation of the country ranges from 60m above the sea level to the highest point on earth. Because of its unique geographical position, climate varies from place to place. Consequently, different kind of vegetation, flora and fauna of every corner of the world can be found here. Although, Nepal occupies only 0.1% of the earth but it is the home to 2% of all the flowering plants in the world, 8% of the worlds population of birds, 319 species of exotic orchids, 635 species of butterfly, 4% of mammals on earth. The world's highest lake and the world's deepest gorge are in Nepal. The Nepalese Himalayas contains 8 of the 10 highest peaks on earth including Sagarmatha 'Everest' 8,848m the tallest of all. Hence, Nepal is often known as the biggest natural museum in the world.
Nepal enjoys possessing the eight world heritage sites (cultural) offered by UNESCO including the birthplace of Lord Buddha. The Nepalese art and architecture are stupendous! As Nepal has more than 61 ethnic groups and 70 spoken languages, all they have their own culture and tradition. It is said "Many temples as many houses and many god-goddess as many people in the Katmandu valley". Half of the year passes with colorful festivals depicting a rich cultural heritage with profound religious meaning. Although, Nepal is a Hindu kingdom- here is a harmonious blending of Hinduism and Buddhism. Religion is an integral and deep-rooted part of Nepalese life. It is the land where feet are respected. And, it is the land where myths and legends are still alive.
Therefore, why don't you make up your mind to befriend yourself among the people who know the 'Way of Living' - Relax among the people who know the peace of mind and discover the beautiful bliss, sacred culture and tradition hidden from the outside world. Who knows the world may end tonight?
NATURALLY NEPAL ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH..........
- The Land of Mt. Everest 8848m. (Top of the World)
- The birthplace of Lord Buddha.
- The origination of Vedas; the father of all religions and science of life
- "Among 50 places to see before you die". - BBC Holiday
- Trekkers' Paradise; world famous Everest & Annapurna Trekking trails.
- Homeland of world famous brave Gurkha soldiers.
- Eight out of 10 highest mountain peaks in the world is in Nepal.
- Three mountains above 8000 m can be seen standing at 850 m. elevation.
- Playground of Mystical Snowman "Yeti".
- Highest lake on earth "Tilicho 4949 m".
- Kaliigandaki Valley, the Deepest Gorge in the World.
- The highest pass in the world 'Throung- La Pass'.
- Virgin and the most beautiful mountain in the world Mt. Fishtail 6993m.
- To explore Peace & Harmony between Hinduism and Buddhism.
- Ramapithecus was thought to be the first direct ancestor of modern humans. And, 165 km south to Pokhara nearby Butwal. Its Fossils was found dated 14 millions year.
- The Only place in the world that you find 7 different species of DANFE Lophophorous Impejanus.
- Spiny Babbler the bird found only in Nepal.
- Largest cave in Asia and Biggest Trident in Asia is in Gandaki Zone.
- Homeland of World Famous Honey Hunters.
- Holy Places for Hindus; Gorkha, Rikheshwor, Pashupatinath, Muktinath, Halesi, Bhojpur, Baraha Chhetra, Sworgadwari etc.
- Mystical Kathmandu full of mesmerizing monuments, arts and architecture.
- The Land of culture, nature and adventure.
- Eight world heritage sites (cultural) and five natural world heritage sites.
- Richest country in natural resources & bio-diversity (often called the biggest natural museum in the world).
- Origin of Ayurveda, the foundation of medicinal science.
- The most favorite destination for saints, philosophers, Trekkers, mountaineers, photographers, artist, bird watchers, botanists, researchers, archaeologist, geologist, gemologists, movie maker, tourism promoter.
Ultimate Paradise, Once is not enough...
WHAT TO DO IN NEPAL?
- Trekking (Roaming amidst the nature)
- Excursion (Explore Nepal in glimpses)
- Jungle Safari (Adventure in the wilderness)
- Expedition /Mountaineering (Sleep & sing with snow)
- World heritage Sites (admire our awesome heritage)
- Eco Tours / Home stay (Experience the real Nepal)
- Wild Honey hunting (Forest, bee, cliff & the Living people)
- Rafting / Kayaking/ Canyoing (Wonders of water world)
- Paragliding / Bungy Jump (Fly with the eagles & kites)
- Mountain biking (Hit the rocky trail)
- Ultra- flight / Heli trek / Ski trips (Fly above clouds)
- Everest Mountain Flight (Top of the world from air)
- Golfing (Shot - spin in the green meadows)
- Casino (Try for the lady luck)
- Home stay (Experience timeless lifestyle)
- Yoga & Meditation (To understand life and the world)
- Natural University for Gemology, Mycology and Ayurveda
- Volunteering (supporting health, education, and nature conservation)
World's 8 Highest Peaks
- Everest 8848m * Kanchanjunga 8586m * Lohtse 8516m
- Makalu 8463m * Cho Oyu 8201m * Dhaulagiri 8167m
- Manaslu 8163m * Annapurna I 8090m
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Pashupatinath (Where Lord Shiva Resides)
- Boudhanath (World's biggest Stupa)
- Swoyambhunath (Self originated eternal flame)
- Kathmandu Durbar Square (The Living Goddess Kumari)
- Patan Durbar Square (City of fine arts and architectures)
- Bhaktapur (City of Devotees)
- Changunarayan temple (One of the oldest Vishnu temple)
- Everest National Park (Natural heritage site)
- Chitwan National Park (Natural heritage site)
Popular Excursion Destination
- Kathmandu Valley (City of art, architecture & monuments)
- Pokhara Valley (Paradise on earth)
- Lumbini (The Birthplace of Lord Buddha)
- Tansen (Beautiful hill resort)
- Chitwan (Adventure in Wilderness)
World Famous Trekking Areas
- Everest Trek (5 to 16 Days) * Gokyo Trek (14 Days) * Langtang Gosaikunda (14 Days)
- Manaslu Trek (16 Days) * Annapurna Trek (5 to 9) * Round Annapurna (21 Days)
- Jomsom Muktinath (11 Dys) * Upper Mustang / Lo- Manthang Trek (12 days)
- Dolpo & Rara Trek (13 Days) * Shey Phoksundo Trek (14 Days)
- Makalu Base Camp (16 Dys) * Kanchanjunga (16 Dys) * Tamke - Mayun Trek (9 Days)
National Parks and Wildlife Reserves
- Bardia National Park * Khaptad National Park * Rara National Park
- Shey- Phoksundo * Langtang National Park * Shivapuri National Park
- Makalu- Barun * Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserves
- Parsa Wildlife Reserve * Suklaphanta Wildlife Reserve
- Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve (Hunting Reserve)
- Annapurna Conservation Area
- Kanchanjunga Conservation Area
- Manaslu Conservation Area